Tesla Model S cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model S Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle allows you to read data from your Model S via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The diagnostic cable works on the Model S with a production date till 2015. There are a lot of benefits of using the diagnostic cable, in combination with an OBDLink and the Scan My Tesla app.
The diagnostic cable works on the Model S models BEFORE facelift. The first Model S models can be recognized by the 12-pin diagnostic plug (Tesla Diagnostic Connector), which can be found under the Media Control Unit (MCU)/main screen.Read more
Tesla Model S Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model S (before facelift) diagnostic cable is an adapter that is required to connect the OBDLink dongle to your Tesla. The Tesla diagnostic cable in combination with the OBD2 dongle allows you to read data from your Model S up to and including year 2015 via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The Model S with the 12-pin diagnostic plug was delivered within Europe up to and including year 2015. The Model S model can be recognized by the xenon headlights and the open front bumper and grill. The regulations for diagnostic plugs in electric vehicles are different from those in vehicles that run on diesel or petrol, for example. In the case of EVs, the manufacturer can decide for themselves what kind of diagnostic port they use in their car. If you want to view data from your Tesla, such as battery information, you need the right accessories; a special diagnostic cable for a Model S, an OBDLink OBD2 dongle and a ScanMyTesla or TM-Spy app.
Important information about reading data from your Tesla Model S:
- The cable offered is a non-original Tesla Motors accessory, but it is a cable developed by us.
- Installation of the cable should be done when the Tesla Model S is completely off for at least 10 minutes. This time is needed to properly shut down all systems. The same applies to the removal of the cable.
- OBDLink MX+ works with ScanMyTesla app for Android
- OBDLink MX+ works with ScanMyTesla app for iOS
Capabilities of the Scan My Tesla app in conbination with the OBDLink and diagnostic cable
View many important (live) data such as:
- Battery charge / voltage / current / temperatures
- Electric drive train power / torque / temperatures
- Battery life / estimated capacity / battery degradation / distance
- 12v current / voltage / temperature
- Trip logging / Trip statistics / including charging
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration) monitoring and measurements
Advantages & drawbacks
- Quick check of the battery pack/battery condition
- Transparency in the operation of the Tesla
- Plug and play, easy installation
- View data on your phone or tablet
- Scan My Tesla is available for Android and iOS
- Installation of the adapter cable takes a lot of time
- Manufacturer Tesla