OBDLink EX USB FORScan
The OBDLink EX is suitable for to diagnose all car brands via OBD2 and has been specially developed to work with the car brands Ford and Mazda. To diagnose Ford and Mazda, the OBDLink EX must use the FORScan software, which can be downloaded from the FORScan website. The OBDWiz software from OBDLink is also included, so that all other car brands can also be diagnosed.
The FORScan team recommends the professional and user-friendly OBDLink EX USB adapter because of its reliable connection, fast data transfer and support of the special Ford CAN bus, MS-CAN (Medium-Speed CAN).
OBDLink EX USB
The OBDLink EX USB is very easy to install and use with the recommended FORScan software, for use with the car brands Ford and Mazda. FORScan develops software specifically for Ford and Mazda and in cooperation with OBDLink has developed a special interface to work well with the special Ford CAN Bus system, MS-CAN. The OBDLink EX is very fast in processing data and has a very reliable connection. Combining the OBDLink EX with FORScan gives the ability to connect to all Ford ECUs to perform dealer-level diagnostic functions.
The OBDLink can also be used on any other make of car with OBD2. As a rule, these are all gasoline cars from the year 2001 and all diesel cars from the year 2004.
Capabilities of the OBDLink EX
- Reads and clears error codes in engine management
- Turns off the Check Engine light (MIL)
- Reads and clears error codes in all other systems outside of engine management
- Perform service procedures such as oil reset, steering angle sensor calibration, ABS bleeding, battery sign in, particulate filter regeneration etc etc.
- Perform actuator tests
- Reads freeze frame data
- Shows real-time data (about 90 parameters!)
- Free updates
- Works on all cars with OBD2
- Suitable for use with Forscan software
- Free OBDWiz software for all car brands
- And much more...
THE OBDLink EX uses so-called automatic electronic switching. This provides access to advanced functions, such as simultaneous reading of ECU parameters on different CAN networks and initialization of some modules (e.g. "Remote Keyless Entry and Start"). OBDLink switches seamlessly between HS-CAN, MS-CAN and J1850 Ford networks. "No switch" means you don't have to worry about screwing things up if you accidentally transmit on the wrong network.
Advantages & drawbacks
- Specially developed for Forscan
- Also works with other brands of cars and software
- Lots of functionality for a low price
- Some functions require a Forscan license to be purchased
Often purchased together with...
- Manufacturer Ford EU, Ford USA, Mazda
- Device properties Diagnostic device, Updates, Connect to computer
- Features ABS, Battery Test, Controlling Actuators, Adapter, Airbag, Coding, Open electronic parking brake, Clear fault codes, Freeze frame, Throttle valve coding, Component coding, Interface, O2 sensors, Live data, Engine diagnostics, Reset motormanagement, Oil reset, Coding, Brake pad reset, Soot filter regeneration, Scantool, Service reset, Immobilizer, Calibrate steering angle sensor, TPMS coding, Transmission
- Protocol CAN, EOBD, ISO 9141, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, KWP-2000, OBD1, OBD2