Tesla Model X / S facelift cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model S facelift and Model X Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle allows you to read data from your Tesla via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The diagnostic cable works on the Model S facelift and ModelX with a production date from model year 2016. There are a lot of benefits of using the diagnostic cable, in combination with an OBDLink and the Scan My Tesla app.
The diagnostic cable works on the Model S facelift models and Model X from 2016 and younger. The Model S facelift and X models can be recognized by the 20 pin diagnostic plug (Tesla Diagnostic Connector), which can be found under the Media Control Unit (MCU)/main screen.
Tesla Model S Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model S FL / Model X diagnostic cable is an adapter that is required to connect the OBDLink MX+ dongle to your Tesla. The Tesla diagnostic cable in combination with the OBD2 dongle allows you to read data from your Model S facelift and Model x up to and from model year 2016 and younger via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The Model S / X with the 20 pin diagnostic plug was delivered within Europe from year 2016. The Model S facelift model can be recognized by the LED headlights (formerly xenon) and the different, much denser front bumper and grill. The regulations for diagnostic plugs in electric vehicles are different from those in vehicles that run on diesel or petrol, for example. In the case of EVs, the manufacturer can decide for themselves what kind of diagnostic port they use in their car. If you want to view data from your Tesla, such as battery information, you need the right accessories; a special diagnostic cable, an OBDLink OBD2 dongle and a ScanMyTesla or TM-Spy app.
Important information about reading data from your Tesla Model S FL / X:
- The cable offered is a non-original Tesla Motors accessory, but it is a cable developed by us.
- Installation of the cable should be done when the Tesla Model S is completely off for at least 10 minutes. This time is needed to properly shut down all systems. The same applies to the removal of the cable.
- OBDLink MX+ works with ScanMyTesla app for Android
- OBDLink MX+ works with ScanMyTesla app for iOS
Capabilities of the Scan My Tesla app in combination with the OBDLink and diagnostic cable
View many important (live) data such as:
- Battery charge / voltage / current / temperatures
- Electric drive train power / torque / temperatures
- Battery life / estimated capacity / battery degradation / distance
- 12v current / voltage / temperature
- Trip logging / Trip statistics / including charging
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration) monitoring and measurements
Advantages & drawbacks
- Quick check of the battery pack/battery condition
- Transparency in the operation of the Tesla
- Plug and play, easy installation
- View data on your phone or tablet
- Scan My Tesla is available for Android and iOS
- Installation of the adapter cable takes some time
- Manufacturer Tesla
- Device properties Bluetooth connectivity, Diagnostic device, Connect to Android devices, Connecting to Apple devices, Connecting to tablet, Connect to phone