Tesla Model 3 / Y cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model 3 & Model Y Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle allows you to read data from your Model 3 and Model Y via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The diagnostic cable works on the Model 3 with a production date from January 2019 to the present and on a Model Y. The benefits of using the diagnostic cable, in combination with an OBDLink and the Scan My Tesla app, are as follows:
✓ Quick check of the battery pack / battery condition
✓ Transparency in the operation of the Tesla
✓ Plug & Play, easy installation
✓ Data viewable on your phone or tablet
✓ Scan My Tesla is available for Android and iOS
✓ Safe to use; no unwanted changes are made to the Tesla.
Tesla Model 3 & Model Y Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle
The Tesla Model 3 / Y Cable + OBDLink MX+ Kit Bundle allows you to read your Model 3 / Y via an app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy. The Model 3 / Y has been available outside of Europe since 2017. In early 2019, the Model 3 first hit the market in Europe. The diagnostic cable works on the Model 3 from production date January 2019 to the present. This kit consists of an OBDLink MX+ and an adapter cable suitable for a Tesla Model 3 and Y. The regulations regarding diagnostic connections in all-electric vehicles are different from those for fossil-fuel vehicles. For example, Tesla gets to decide what kind of diagnostic port they use in their car. If you want to view data from your car, such as battery information, you'll need the right materials; special diagnostic cable for a Model 3 / Y, an OBDLink OBD2 dongle and a ScanMyTesla or TM-Spy app. you can read data from all Model 3, like the Model 3 Standard Range Plus, as the Model 3 Long Range as the Model 3 Performance and Model Y models.
Important information for reading your Tesla Model 3
- The cable offered is a non-original Tesla Motors accessory, but it is a cable developed by us.
- Installation of the cable should be done when the Tesla Model 3 is completely off for at least 10 minutes. This time is needed to properly shut down all systems. The same applies to the removal of the cable.
Capabilities of the Scan My Tesla app in conjunction with the OBDLink and diagnostic cable
View many important (live) data such as:
- Battery charge / voltage / current / temperatures
- Electric drive train power / torque / temperatures
- Battery life / estimated capacity / battery degradation / distance
- 12v current / voltage / temperature
- Trip logging / Trip statistics / including charging
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration) monitoring and measurements
Advantages & drawbacks
- Quick check of the battery pack / battery condition
- Transparency in the operation of the Tesla
- Plug & Play, easy installation
- Data viewable on your phone or tablet
- Scan My Tesla is available for Android and iOS
- Installation of the diagnostic cable will cost you some time
Often purchased together with...
- Manufacturer Tesla
- Device properties Bluetooth connectivity, Free updates, Updates, Connect to Android devices, Connecting to Apple devices, Connecting to tablet, Connect to phone
- Features Adapter, Live data, Scantool, Adapter cable
- Protocol CAN, EOBD, OBD2